We are affiliated to Bowls England and Norfolk Bowls Association.
We have teams that play in the following local leagues, EBA, Dereham, Ashill & District, Attleborough & District and Age Concern.
We also arrange friendly matches, weekly club roll ups and coaching.
There is a licensed bar available for members.
Hingham Rectory Bowls Club was in operation for a considerable number of years prior to World War II, the exact year of its formation is unknown.
During the war years it was not used and became overgrown and at times used for grazing.
After the war and after a great deal of hard work and effort it was again fit for playing on in the summer of 1947. From that time and until 1954 the club was a member of the Wymondham and District and South Norfolk leagues playing the EBF code of bowls.
A general meeting was held in September 1954 and it was agreed to re-turf and enlarge the existing bowling green. The new green was laid in April 1955 with turf from Runton golf course and was officially opened on 25th April 1956 by Miss M. Lonsdale and blessed by the Rev. Barross. The club started playing the EBA code of bowls in 1958 and became affiliated to the English Bowling Association in 1960. In 1961 a pavillion and clubroom was erected by voluntary labour, and the club has since added a licensed bar, kitchen, changing rooms and toilets. It is now recognised as one of the premier bowling greens in the county.